Where is Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney consists of thirteen Local Government Areas (LGAs): Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith, The Hills Shire and Wollondilly. In addition, to Greater Western Sydney, WESTIR Ltd includes in data, Lithgow and Wingecarribee LGAs, as these areas fall within the NSW Government service district boundaries for the region.
While WESTIR Ltd’s focus is Greater Western Sydney, we also undertake social research and data projects for people and organisations outside this area.
What We Believe
- Enhanced and more equitable access to statistical and other information for people and organisations, especially those in Western Sydney.
- The potential for constructive and well-resourced planning to improve the quality of life in Western Sydney.
Provision of high quality and timely service to our clients.
- We believe in collaboration and not competition, with likeminded organisations and individuals, especially in planning for and activities in the Western Sydney region.
- Improved and more equitable access to human services and physical infrastructure for the Western Sydney community.
- Ethical and non-exploitative research practices.
- Socially inclusive practices, including affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Opposition to negative discrimination and prejudice based on race, colour, creed, gender, age, sexuality, disability/ability, marital status, income, social and political associations, geographic location and position in society (both actual and perceived).
Charles Casuscelli RFD
Dr Emma Power
Board and Life Member