PENRITH DISABILITY SNAPSHOT – OCTOBER 2021
In early 2021, WESTIR was engaged by Penrith City Council to provide a detailed demographic overview of people living with disability in the Penrith LGA. This demographic overview provided the background for Penrith City Council’s Disability Snapshot, which will be used to inform the Penrith Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2021-2025.
WESTIR’s report, the ‘Penrith Disability Snapshot: WESTIR Data Report’, discusses a range of demographic characteristics and trends among people living with disability in Penrith LGA, such as:
- Indigenous status
- Degree of ‘core activity limitation’
- Suburb snapshots
- Lone person households
- Languages spoken at home (including Auslan and sign languages)
- Labour force participation
- Housing tenure
- Domestic and family violence
- NDIS participation, and
- Caring and providing unpaid assistance.
The ‘Penrith Disability Snapshot: WESTIR Data Report’ can be accessed via the Penrith City Council website: